Grand Opening Sat. June 27th 2009
New Millstone Hill Touring Center and Shops
& The Vermont Granite Museum at Millstone Hill
34 Church Hill Rd. Websterville Vt. (across from Post Office)
Please join us the weekend of June 28th and 29th for the Grand Opening of a collaborative effort by the Millstone Trails Association and the Vermont Granite Museum. The historic Millstone Hill General Store has been lovingly restored and as of June 27th, will serve as the starting point for exploring our 75 mile scenic recreational trail network. The store will be filled with an exiting collection of shops and a museum exhibitdedicated to showcasing the colorful history of the granite quarries at Millstone Hill.
The shops include:
- The Vermont Butter and Cheese Factory Outlet
- Vermont Smoke and Cure Factory Outlet
- The Highland Sugarworks Factory Outlet
- The Vermont Flannel Company Factory Outlet
- The Millstone Hill Bicycle and Repair shop
- The Millstone Hill Café
- The Millstone Hill Artists Collaborative
In addition you will find an extensive collection of Vermont made crafts, gifts and specialty food products with a spattering of antiques. All in all, a unique collection of colorful and fun local items will be featured. Let us help you create a beautiful gift basket of local products to send to family and friends or a delicious picnic basket to take with you on our trails.
To Celebrate we are planning a full weekend of activities
Come check it out and explore the magic of Millstone Hill
Saturday June 27th:
- 9:00 a.m. Official Opening of the Shops at Millstone Hill and The Vermont Granite Museum.
- 10:00 a.m. Family Guided bike ride led by MTA board member Dan Mahoney. Open to riders of all levels. A great way to discover and explore the best trails at Millstone Hill.
- 1:00 p.m. Vermont Champion Ride led by Andrew Wellman, MTA board member and winner of Vt. State Championship at Coyote Hill. Expert riders only. 15 miles, 2.5 hours.
- 1:30 p.m. Seniors walk guided by MTA member Margaret Hutchins. 3 miles, 1.5 hours. A leisurely and healthful walk. Come and enjoy the camaraderie and security of a group walk. Dogs welcome.
- 2:00 p.m. Historic quarry walking tour led by MTA President Pierre Couture. 5 miles, 2 hours. A comprehensive exploration of the most important quarries sights and history at Millstone Hill
- 4:00 p.m. Historic quarry hayride wagon tour led by Pierre Couture. 6 miles, 1.5 hours. If exploring the trails on foot intimidates you, this is the way to go! Limited seating, call ahead to reserve.
Sunday June 28th
- 10:00 a.m. Women’s Ride guided by Cindy Lindemann. This is a women only scenic leisurely ride on some of Millstone Hill’s more interesting intermediate single track. For more information email Cindy at email@example.com
- 11:00 a.m. Wagon Hay ride quarry tour, guided by Pierre Couture. See the amazing sights and learn all about Millstone Hill’s colorful history. 2 hours. Limited seating call ahead to reserve.
- 1:00 p.m. “Chucks Choice” Expert Ride guided by Millstone Hill’s map makers Chuck and Judy Bond. These folks know the trails inside and out and so will you. 18 miles, 3 hours.
- 1:30 p.m. Historic quarry walking tour led by Rock of Ages’ Todd Paton. 4 miles, 1.5 hours
- 3:00 p.m. Historic Wagon hayride quarry tour guided by Rock of Ages’ Todd Paton. 1.5 hours
- 4:30 p.m. Pre-dinner Cocktail hour and appetizers at the Lodge at Millstone Hill.
- 5:30 p.m. Celebratory Dinner at the Lodge at Millstone Hill prepared by Chef CraigLucarno. Please go to www.millstonetrails.com for details of menu and purchasing tickets. $25 per person donation for benefit of Granite Museum and MTA trails.
Trail passes and memberships will be Half Price all weekend!!
The Millstone Trails Assoc.34 Church Hill Rd. Box 44 Websterville Vt. 05678
www.millstonetrails.com (802) 479-1000 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Vermont Granite Museum & Stone Arts School, PO Box 282, Barre Vt. 06541
www.granitemuseum.com, 802-476-4605, email@example.com